These little babies are easy to make and so delicious! I made this great recipe, inspired by Kirbie’s Cravings, into an egg free, gluten free version! If you’re working to eat more produce, these cauli bites are perfect for you! The hauntingly sweet flavor continues to delight after the dish is gone. In fact, as I type this post, the after-taste is delighting me. Why? I just ate the whole bowl of fresh cauli you see in the pic above. My contented grin and belly feel well nourished. And yours can too.
The honey garlic sriracha sauce has a bit of a ‘bite’. It’s clearing my sinuses right now. If you need to cool it down a bit, you can dip them in my dairy free ‘Garlic Chive Cream Cheese‘. (pic below).
HONEY GARLIC BAKED CAULI – vegan, egg free, gluten free
- flax egg replacer, 2 (2 TBS flaxseed meal whisked into 6 TBS water)
- cauliflower, 1 head, cut into bite sized pieces
- bread crumbs, 2 cups (I use gluten free)
- cornstarch, 2 tsp whisked in 6 TBS water
- honey, 6 TBS
- garlic, minced, 6 teas
- onion powder, 1 teas
- coconut liquid aminos, 1.5 TBS (or soy sauce, low sodium)
- sriracha sauce, 1/2 TBS
- Preheat oven to 400F (or don’t preheat if using New Wave Convection oven)
- Whisk the ‘flax egg replacer’ & set aside.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip cauliflower in flax egg & shake off excess. (If too much flax egg drips onto the bread crumbs, the crumbs won’t stick to the cauliflower. If the crumbs won’t stick, roll the cauliflower in the crumbs and gently press them onto the cauli.
- Bake for 15 – 20 min. till golden brown and crunchy.
- While cauliflower is baking, create the sauce.
- In a small bowl, completely dissolve the cornstarch in water. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, whisk the rest of sauce ingredients together.
- Bring to a gentle boil. (It should only take a few seconds.)
- Stir cornstarch water again and add it to saucepan.
- Stir until simmering. (Stir so cornstarch doesn’t clump.)
- When sauce is thick (about 2 min), cool sauce for a few minutes.
- Drizzle or toss sauce over cauliflower.
- Garnish with fresh chopped scallions.
Here’s my great tasting, dairy free ‘Garlic Chive Cream Cheese‘. I hope you enjoy this fantastic dish as you keep creating ‘healthy habits for life!