asthma, asthma epidemic, bones, calcium absorption, fetal development, immune system in utero, lung development in utero, mood, obesity, vitamin d
Who is most at risk?
- Those who spend most of their time indoors.
- Pregnant women
Vitamin D has been linked to
- immune system and lung development in utero.
- Higher vitamin D intake during pregnancy reduces asthma risk by as much as 40% in children 3-5 yrs old.
- deficiency is associated with obesity
- bone health (calcium absorption)
The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
more vitamin D info
- Office of Dietary Health (dosage per age, food source)
- Mayo Clinic (symptoms)