How to Get the Most From Your Efforts – and not waste any of Them!
Great work! You made it to day 7! So many things have changed in your body… and you caused those changes to occur. (You and your Shaklee!). I hope you’re feeling really great about that. It took self control and many decisions to get here. Your metabolism is faster, your body has more energy, your skin and immunity are improved. You might even sleep better! Now, how do you move forward towards your goals from here? On day 8…
- Add one food a day into your diet. If the food is dairy based, wait 3 days before adding another new food. Why? Because dairy can take 3 days to digest. You may notice stuffed sinuses, constipation, stomach issues and little bumps on the back of your arms from dairy intolerance. If you get any of these symptoms, avoid dairy until later in your health journey. Notice how you feel as you add your new food into your diet. If you get inflamed, tired, pain, loose or constipated stools, that’s a food you’re not producing enzymes to digest. If this happens, you can either use digestive enzymes with each meal (Shaklee alfalfa for produce, Shaklee Ez-Gest for animal products like dairy and meat and for fatty foods like avocado) or you can wait till your body is able to produce these enzymes again. The second option takes time. I suggest adding foods from the left to the right of this chart.
2. Two Shakes A Day. If you’re not at your weight loss goal, then do the ‘Shaklee 180’ plan of 2 Life Shakes a day, one snack and one additional meal. The caloric goal should be less than the amount you ate to get to your higher weight.
3. Crowd the ‘junk food’ out! Fill yourself with healthy, nutritionally dense food so you won’t have room for unhealthy cravings. Set a goal of 5-12 servings of produce a day. (One serving of vegetables is 1 cup. One serving of fruits is 3/4 cup.)
4. Take your Shaklee Supplements Daily. I suggest the Vitalizer Strip to feed every cell and body system. I also suggest using the cleansing supplements found in the ‘7 Day Healthy Cleanse till you’ve reached your health goals or forever. I’m a ‘forever cleanser’ because I have methylation issues which cause my cells to have more difficulty cleansing. Shaklee helps my body do its job better.
5. Stay Accountable! Use the links at the bottom of this page to find some weekly tips to fully reach your health goals!! We’re in it for the long haul. We empower people to understand and overcome emotional ties to food, understand BMI, BMR, daily caloric goals, glycemic index, etc. Food intake is such a personal thing which affects most aspects of our being. The more we understand our choices l and the way they affect us, the more freedom we’ll gain to choose the things that make us stronger!
6. Encourage Others with Your Story! We impact each other more than we know. Your story (of successes and of challenges) will help others see that they can do it too. Post your results in your social media. Why? Others are watching and thinking… I wonder how he/she will do? I wonder if there is hope for me? If he/she can do it, maybe I can too! If you want to empower others to reach their potential of pain free, energetic, healthy weight and immunity, you’ll have to lead by example and get your message out there! Do you have to post half naked pics of yourself to get their attention? Nope. You can post a pic of how you can zip up your boot because your calf is leaner, or you doing an activity you couldn’t do last year because your body had more pain, or even an outfit that didn’t fit last season. Make posts that give others hope and belief in themselves. Then, coach them to reach their goals too! What could that lead to? It could lead to making a difference in their lives. It could lead to you becoming a coach of a large business with residual income for your future. It could lead to many life-giving relationships that fuel your soul. Reach out to me if you’d like this. We can show you how.
Slept all night. Energy Rush!
Day 6 is so much better than day 5! I often hear things like, “I slept all night long for the first time in years!”; “I suddenly have a rush of energy!”; “I’ve lost 5 pounds already! Here I am, reaching my goal!” What is your good news? What have you accomplished so far? What are you grateful for having accomplished?
What’s your Shaklee 180 Plan?
It’s important to make a decision about how you’ll continue your cleansing & weight loss journey. Your BMR (basil metabolic rate) will show you an average of how many calories you’ve consumed to reach your current weight. Of course, sex hormonal imbalance, high stress cortisol and toxicity will affect your metabolism. So, if you’ve been eating less calories than your BMR indicates, we can help you regain balance. Test your feminine hormones here and here. Test your Stress Hormones here and your Thyroid function here.
Do you know your BMR? (If not, request the ‘Measure Tab’ on your Supplement Schedule. It will reveal your BMR.)
What’s your style? Will you calorie count with an app or use our ‘Healthy Recipes for Shaklee 180 Turnaround’ Pinterest Categories to stay within your caloric goal?
try these today…
Day 5 is challenging for me. I feel hungry and a little weary. I’ll direct my thoughts to why I’m doing this. My motivation must be in the forefront of my thoughts. I want great digestion and healthy weight! I never want repeat hospital stay for an infected, blocked intestine. I don’t want another threat of having to hack out portions of my intestine. And, I want to fit in my clothing — ALL my clothing. I want to move without any inflammation pain. I want lubricated joints that feel good to move. Since, on average, I’ll be in this world for another 35 years, I want to create cells that create a body that feels good as long as it’s here. It’s worth learning new skills. It’s worth temporary denial for long term health. I can do it. So can you.
Please tell us what’s motivating you to create the healthiest body you can. I will read and honor your comments. I believe you can do it!
Try these today…
If you’re struggling today in any way, please speak up; don’t give up! One of us has probably faced the challenge you’re having and has a solution. some common challenges on day three are:
1) LOOSE STOOL. This is just your body cleansing and releasing digestive and cellular waste. It’s a good thing it’s getting out of you! Give it a wave of goodbye!
2) FATIGUE. Shaklee is working hard to help purify your system. Your body probably needs some extra time to rest. Did you know that there are parts of your body that can only cleanse when you’re sleeping? The brain is one of those areas. Take a walk and a nap if possible.
3). LOW BLOOD SUGAR. Many people are addicted to sugar partly because refined sugar is in so many convenience foods. This puts strain on our pancreas and glucose receptor sites. Even these areas benefit from the 7 Day Healthy Cleanse. If you have blood sugar problems, you’d benefit from an easily digestible protein like 1-2 Shaklee Life Shakes, a boiled egg or 4 ounces of salt free chicken breast.
Do you have a problem not listed here? Please comment below or send me a text. We’ll find a solution! Speak up; don’t give up!
Ways To Avoid Food Boredom by Re-training Your Tastebuds
1) SPICE IT UP. Use 3 recipes from the ‘sauces & seasoning’ section of our Pinterest Board and use them on all the produce! My top 3 are Ranch Seasoning, Italian Dressing and DF cheese sauce. I drizzle olive oil and ranch seasoning on roasted veggies. I use Italian Dressing on raw veggies and DF Cheese Sauce on hot and cold produce. What are your favorites? Please reveal your tips in the comments. We appreciate it!
- Ranch Seasoning
- Avocado Lime Dressing
- DF Cheese Sauce
- Sweet Potato (or carrot) Hummus
- Citrus Vinaigrette
- Italian Dressing
2. SWAP IT OUT. Get great at swapping out meat, grain, beans, dairy and salt for healthier, easier to digest options! What food is the most difficult for you to avoid during the 7 Day Healthy Cleanse? One of mine is meat. My favorite meat swap outs are roasted cauliflower, butternut squash and portabella mushrooms. I use them in recipes that normally call for meat, things like tacos and root noodle spaghetti. Determine 1-3 ‘go to’ healthier swap outs for meats, grains, beans and dairy and prep them before you need them so you can resist falling off the wagon.
What are your favorite swap outs?
(1) Salad Bar in the Fridge
What did you include in your ‘Salad Bar in Your Fridge’?
If you keep good food in your fridge, you will eat good food. Here are some things I love to prep!
Snag recipes by following our Pinterest Board here on the ‘main & side’ category.
(2) Meat Swaps
What 2 meat swaps did you make? I love to use cauliflower, mushrooms, butternut squash and sweet potatoes. I create both main and side dishes with them.
How do you make the dish sweeter without adding sugar? I use fruits (chopped or pureed).
Snag recipes by following our cleanse compliant Pinterest Board here on the ‘main & side’ category.
(3) Water Wash
I always use Shaklee Get Clean Water Pitcher Filtration to improve taste, remove toxins & clean my cells.
How much water? I like to get 1/2 ounce for every pound of body weight to remove toxins instead of re-settling then in my joints and brain. How to get the water in? I fill 3 water bottles each morning & make sure they’re empty before bed. Some people use a water jug that has been marked for the day. (see pics) How to train tastebuds? Since Shaklee Get Clean Water Pitcher improves the taste so much, I use it every day. I keep it fresh and cold in the fridge. To improve the taste, I add produce, crystallized lemon (from True Lemon) and ice chips. I love to add Shaklee’s Organic Greens Mix In Powder to improve the nutrition.
Snag recipes by following our cleanse compliant Pinterest Board here on the ‘beverage’ category.
(4) Shaklee Routine
I knew if I wanted to win, I needed to develop a simple am & pm routine. Mine includes …
- filling my water bottles
- taking my Shaklee
- prepping my produce (snack packs)
How will you remember to take your Shaklee every day?
(5) Blood Sugar & Strong Workouts
If I have blood sugar issues (high or low), I’d use 1-2 servings of Life Shake every day. It balances blood sugar and fuels muscles.
Do you have blood sugar issues or will you workout during your Shaklee 7 Day Healthy Cleanse?
(6) food chart
Remember, one of the biggest reasons we’re doing the Shaklee 7 Day Healthy Cleanse is to give our digestive system a vacation (a rest) so our bodies can use that energy towards detoxification. We’ll eat foods that are really easy to digest and we’ll create new taste bud sensitivity too. We’ll feel really good afterwards, able to taste the natural flavors and sweetness of clean food and our bodies will be able to better absorb their nutrients.
1. Take measurements. Notice the shape of your body and, if there are areas you want to improve, picture how they’ll feel when you’ve improved them.
2. Weigh yourself unclothed in the morning after bowel movement (if possible), before eating or drinking.
3. Take your Shaklee in the morning and at night.
4. Eat your produce every 2 hours during the day.
5. If low blood sugar or intense workout, use 1-2 scoops of Shaklee Life Shake in water with produce mix-ins twice a day.
6. Try these great eats!