Obesity Among California’s Low-income Teens Nearly Triple That Of More Affluent Peers (December 12, 2008) — In this policy brief, the authors examine why low-income teenagers are almost three times more likely to be obese than teens from more affluent households. Specifically, persistent barriers to health were found, including high numbers of neighborhood fast food restaurants, high sugary soda consumption and television viewing and low numbers of parks and other opportunities for physical activity. … > full story
- Ways to get a healthy weight:
- Feed the cells the nutrients they need (which are depleted in most foods today).
- Fly through the air on a mini trampoline (5-45 min. daily)
- Eat fresh food – fruits, veggies, grains, proteins. Mmmmm.
- Eat organic to reduce chemical calerie.