Advanced CT Scans Valuable To Check For Clogged Arteries (December 8, 2008) — In a development that researchers say is likely to quell concerns about the value of costly computed tomography scans to diagnose coronary artery blockages, researchers report solid evidence that the newer, more powerful 64-CT scans can easily and correctly identify people with major blood vessel disease and is nearly as accurate as invasive coronary angiography. … > full story
Obesity Among California’s Low-income Teens Nearly Triple That Of More Affluent Peers (December 12, 2008) — In this policy brief, the authors examine why low-income teenagers are almost three times more likely to be obese than teens from more affluent households. Specifically, persistent barriers to health were found, including high numbers of neighborhood fast food restaurants, high sugary soda consumption and television viewing and low numbers of parks and other opportunities for physical activity. … > full story
- Ways to get a healthy weight:
- Feed the cells the nutrients they need (which are depleted in most foods today).
- Fly through the air on a mini trampoline (5-45 min. daily)
- Eat fresh food – fruits, veggies, grains, proteins. Mmmmm.
- Eat organic to reduce chemical calerie.