acidophilus, airways constrict, alfalfa, allergy, antibiotics, cloudy vision, cracking ears, echanacea, headache, infection, irrigate, irrigate sinuses, kill infection, neck ache, nutriferon, runny nose, sinuses congested, sore throat, soy, stuffed up, swollen glands, thick mucas, throbbing headache, vitalizer, watery eyes, zinc
When the leaves fall, do your airways constrict and sinuses congest? Do your throbbing headaches prevent you from enjoying the fall colors? I remember when my eyes would tear up so badly that a film would cloud my vision and cover my contact lenses. It’d make everything from driving to reading difficult. So, I’d wear my glasses, wipe my eyes and hope for the best. That is, until infection set in.
The allergy whirlwind
- clear, runny nose
- cracking ears
- sore throat
- constricted airways
- constricted sinus cavities
- thicker mucas
- cloudy vision
- neck ache
- swollen glands
- infection sets in
- productivity & focus depletes
Old, broken techniques
Here’s what I used to do…
- blow nose
- wipe eyes
- take allergy meds
- sleep more
- drink more water
- eat comfort food (ie. chocolate malt ball ice-cream)
- wear glasses instead of contacts
- get antibiotics from my doctor
- finish antibiotic cycle
- two weeks later, get antibiotics again
- all fall, winter and spring
- summer was my only hope, untill ragweed blooming. Arggghhh!
Sing a new song. “Free at last!”
I’ve learned some simple and effective techniques to help overcome and avoid this cumbersome cycle. I hope they help you!
- Raise the immune system so histamine isn’t produced when in contact with ‘allergens’. How?
- Avoid sugar (which lowers the immune system and uses up antioxidants).
- Distinguish acquired allergies from actual allergies; avoid actual allergens
- Thin the mucas. How?
- alfalfa (thins mucas, reduces inflamation & raises immunity.)
- What if you’re allergic to grasses? Don’t worry, for most people Shaklee’s alfalfa isn’t allergy causing because we only use the leaves, not the stems of the plant. Also, we only use mature alfalfa leaves so the root systems go deep into the soil. Why is this important? When you take our alfalfa, you get the trace minerals found deep within the earth which can raise your immunity.
- Take acidophilus to thin intestinal mucas. Much of the immune system effectiveness is in the intestine.
- Hydrate with purified water to thin the mucas and avoid infection.
- Avoid mucas producing foods like dairy.
- If congested, irrigate the sinuses immediately. This removes excessive thick mucas, kills infection and reduces inflamation.
- Soothe sore throat with echanacea & zinc
- Kill infection
- Breathe clean air.
more on allergies