Safe, non chemical treatments – powerful immune support
every 1-4 hrs
Dr. Wolfson recommends:
Co-Q10 10 mg twice daily; 50-100 mg twice daily during illness
Probiotics with FOS 4 billion organisms/day; 4 billion organisms three times/day during illness
Vitamin A 10,000-15,000 IU/day (or 25,000 IU mixed carotenoids); 100,000 IU/day during shortterm illness*
Vitamin C 1 g/day; up to 10 g/day during illness
Vitamin E 200-400 IU/day; 800 IU during illness
- Zinc 15 mg/day; 100 mg/day during illness, lozenges for sore throats
*Pregnant women and people with liver conditions should always consult their health care provider before supplementing with vitamin A.
antipyretics, antihistamines, cough preparations, decongestants, antibiotics (for bacterial infections not virus)
Side effects of medications
insomnia, hyper-excitability, dry mouth, constipation, drowsiness, blood sugar fluctuations, heart palpitations, death
BACTERIAL INFECTION: lowered immunity and stress.
breathing and sneezing
direct mucous membrane contact with virus from contaminated hands, skin, eyes, nose or other surfaces (even furniture)
psychological stress can increase the risk and severity of viral infections
Statistics – annual (from National Institute for Health / Center for Disease control)
- FLU: 10,000 to 30,000 diabetics die from complications
- FLU: 108,000,000 cases of flu are reported in US
- FLU: 75 million work days are lost due to flu
- COLD: 22 million school days are lost to common cold
- COLD rhinorrhea, sneezing, nasal stuffiness, throat clearing, postnasal drip, cough, nasal obstruction, sore throat, cough, pharyngitis, laryngitis, headach, malaise, fever, ear & sinus problems.
- INFLUENZA same as cold puls tracheobronchitis, pneumonia, chills, fever, headach, muscular aches/pains, malaise, fatigue, lack of appetite
- Many cold medicines linked to increased hemorrhagic stroke (bleeding in the brain) among women ages 18-49 in the three days after starting use of the medication.
- Problems were not found in men, but the FDA recommended that everyone (even children) seek alternative medicine.
- Pharmaceutical companies have known about this danger for years, we unfortunately, did not.
The following medications contain Phenylpropanolamine :-
1. Acutrim Diet Gum Appetite Suppressant
2. Acutrim Plus Dietary Supplements
3 Acutrim Maximum Strength Appetite Control
4. Alka-Seltzer Plus Children’s Cold Medicine Effervescent
5. Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold medicine (Cherry or Orange )
6. Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold Medicine Original
7. Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough Medicine Effervescent
8. Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Flu Medicine
9. Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Sinus Effervescent
10. Alka Seltzer Plus Night-Time Cold Medicine
11. BC Allergy Sinus Cold Powder
12. BC Sinus Cold Powder
13. Comtrex Flu Therapy & Fever Relief
14. Day & Night Contac 12-Hour Cold Capsules
15. Contac 12 Hour Caplets
16. Coricidin D Cold, Flu & Sinus
17. Dexatrim Caffeine Free
18. Dexatrim Extended Duration
19. Dexatrim Gelcaps
20. Dexatrim Vitamin C/Caffeine Free
21. Dimetapp Cold & Allergy Chewable Tablets
22. Dimetapp Cold & Cough Liqui-Gels
23. Dimeta pp DM Cold & Cough Elixir
24. Dimetapp Elixir
25. Dimetapp 4-Hour Liquid Gels
26. Dimetapp 4-Hour Tablets
27. Dimetapp 12-Hour Extentabs Tablets
28. Naldecon DX Pediatric Drops
29. Permathene Mega-16
30. Robitussin CF
31. Tavist-D 12-Hour Relief of Sinus & Nasal Congestion
32. Triaminic DM Cough Relief
33. Triaminic Expectorant Chest & Head
34. Triaminic Sy rup Co ld & ; Amp; Amp Allergy
35. Triaminic Triaminicol Cold & Cough
I just called the 800# on the container for Triaminic and they informed me that they are voluntarily recalling the following medicines because of a certain ingredient that is causing strokes and seizures in children:
1 Orange 3D Cold & Allergy Cherry (Pink)
2. 3D Cold & Cough Berry
3. 3D Cough Relief Yellow 3D Expectorant
They are asking you to call them at 800-548-3708 with the lot number on the box so they can send you postage for you to send it back to them, and they will also issue you a refund.
To confirm these findings, please take time to check http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/ppa/
- Flu near you? New tool allows you to search flu locations.
- Disease that mimics a bad flu, until it finally kills, is spreading across the Northwest.
- Dr. Kojima’s discovery (40 yrs ago) of interferon has helped people overcome serious illnesses like influenza, MS, cancer, poisoning. Now, he’s found a way to help the body naturally create interferon WITHOUT THE SIDE EFFECTS of pharmaceutical interferon. See nutriferon.
acidophilus, airways constrict, alfalfa, allergy, antibiotics, cloudy vision, cracking ears, echanacea, headache, infection, irrigate, irrigate sinuses, kill infection, neck ache, nutriferon, runny nose, sinuses congested, sore throat, soy, stuffed up, swollen glands, thick mucas, throbbing headache, vitalizer, watery eyes, zinc
When the leaves fall, do your airways constrict and sinuses congest? Do your throbbing headaches prevent you from enjoying the fall colors? I remember when my eyes would tear up so badly that a film would cloud my vision and cover my contact lenses. It’d make everything from driving to reading difficult. So, I’d wear my glasses, wipe my eyes and hope for the best. That is, until infection set in.
The allergy whirlwind
- clear, runny nose
- cracking ears
- sore throat
- constricted airways
- constricted sinus cavities
- thicker mucas
- cloudy vision
- neck ache
- swollen glands
- infection sets in
- productivity & focus depletes
Old, broken techniques
Here’s what I used to do…
- blow nose
- wipe eyes
- take allergy meds
- sleep more
- drink more water
- eat comfort food (ie. chocolate malt ball ice-cream)
- wear glasses instead of contacts
- get antibiotics from my doctor
- finish antibiotic cycle
- two weeks later, get antibiotics again
- all fall, winter and spring
- summer was my only hope, untill ragweed blooming. Arggghhh!
Sing a new song. “Free at last!”
I’ve learned some simple and effective techniques to help overcome and avoid this cumbersome cycle. I hope they help you!
- Raise the immune system so histamine isn’t produced when in contact with ‘allergens’. How?
- Avoid sugar (which lowers the immune system and uses up antioxidants).
- Distinguish acquired allergies from actual allergies; avoid actual allergens
- Thin the mucas. How?
- alfalfa (thins mucas, reduces inflamation & raises immunity.)
- What if you’re allergic to grasses? Don’t worry, for most people Shaklee’s alfalfa isn’t allergy causing because we only use the leaves, not the stems of the plant. Also, we only use mature alfalfa leaves so the root systems go deep into the soil. Why is this important? When you take our alfalfa, you get the trace minerals found deep within the earth which can raise your immunity.
- Take acidophilus to thin intestinal mucas. Much of the immune system effectiveness is in the intestine.
- Hydrate with purified water to thin the mucas and avoid infection.
- Avoid mucas producing foods like dairy.
- If congested, irrigate the sinuses immediately. This removes excessive thick mucas, kills infection and reduces inflamation.
- Soothe sore throat with echanacea & zinc
- Kill infection
- Breathe clean air.
more on allergies